I once responded to someone who’s a total stranger to me, asking me if I had ever thought of committing suicide. I gave the truest answer I could give.

Yes. I have that thought of it more than once. And if it does come to my mind, I try to think logically, and, well, optimistically.

Logically, in the sense that I ask myself these questions: What would happen if i try to kill myself? If I remember it correctly, the Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul stated in one article that more than 70% of those who committed suicide regrets at the last minute, and realizes that they really don't want to die. Less than half of them survives. I then asks myself, would I end up regretting it if I try to kill myself? What if I would? And what if I die? Would I really want to die, knowing that I might regret it in the end? Which would be more beneficial and practical to me, getting through, with these troubles and seeing it to the end, or just simply ending the suffering by dying?

Optimistically, in the form of stating these to myself. These too, shall pass. Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not yet alright, then it's not yet the end. I can still do more after going through with this troubles. And if I pass through this critical point of my life, I might be turned into a better person, or not. But at least I'll know what will happen after. If I die, I won't know anything at all. And, if I die, I won't be able to do the stuffs I like to do, eat the things I'd like to eat, watch the shows and movies I'd like to see.

In the end, I'd realize, I don't like to die just because of the things that are bothering me, even how overwhelmed I might be of the situation.

These thoughts and questions are irrelevant to some, but it helps me to think it through before really launching into that big step of trying to die. I can't just die without having been remembered that I lived. It's stupid to do so. The point of living is to be remembered, hopefully for the good or great things you have done when you lived. I might not live to be a national hero or a world celebrity, as long as others remembered how good I am to them while I still lived.

Hope this enlightens others.