I contemplated on the recent bombing incident here in Iligan City as I was reading a friend’s status post in Facebook stating that some rebels declared that soldiers should leave our city to end the chaotic situation. As I scrolled down, I saw someone comment that as long as there would be Sailormoon, it would be okay. I read further, and arrived at a comment that Powerpuff Girls should be able to protect us.

It is funny, in a way. But don’t you think it’s also pathetic, how we end up wishing for superheroes?

Maybe the said comments are just jokes. I also considered that. But think about it. People would probably really wish that these superheroes are true, even if they were as cute and frail-looking as the Powerpuff Girls, if that would mean any attempt to create chaos would be prevented, and if anyone would succeed in creating a chaotic situation, someone or some group of superheroes would save the day.

I must admit, I am one of those people I’m referring to as wishing for superheroes. Pathetic? Yes, maybe. I know there ain’t any, but one could dream. It gives hope to the bigger dream I have, and that is achieving real and lasting peace.

myLot User Profile